Surveying the MOGA Membership
MOGA Survey Policy and Procedure*
For those interested in surveying our membership we advise the following:
1. MOGA receives many more requests to provide assistance to source participants for research projects via direct invitations/alerts and/or distribute research surveys to the Association’s membership, than can be accommodated. Further, the number of studies and survey requests received by the membership over the last few years has resulted in survey fatigue and very low response rates.
2. The MOGA Survey Policy and Procedures document details the formal process and requirements the Association has in place to review requests to assist with research projects and surveys proposed for distribution or promotion to our members and, how they are to be distributed, as distribution through MOGA carries the Association’s endorsement. All requests and applications are to be directed to email@example.com
3. Studies distributed to multiple Australian Professional Organisations seeking input for medical oncologist will receive duplicate responses, therefore MOGA will not consider distribution of any studies previously on simultaneous distributed to national collegiate organizations.
4. MOGA distributes no more than four (4) research project/survey direct requests/invitations to the membership per calendar year and only one per quarter.
5. Only research projects and surveys of high relevance to Medical Oncology and the members of the Association being undertaken by senior academic, medical and allied health professionals such as postgraduate students undertaking doctoral studies, research groups, academics, and clinicians will be considered. Studies/surveys being undertaken by secondary, undergraduate and honours students, commercial research organisations and the pharmaceutical industry will not be considered.
6. Applications will be considered in order of receipt and; the approval process can take a minimum of 2-4 weeks depending on the date of submission. However, it is recommended that applications be submitted no later than the last quarter of the previous calendar year so that the annual schedule of distribution can be developed with proposals ranked.
7. Applications submitted by nonMOGA members and non-related professionals or collegiate groups/organisations will incur an administration fee of AUD $500 (plus GST). All approved and subsequently withdrawn and cancelled applications will incur a cancellation fee of AUD $100 (plus GST).
*If you have approached another one or more similar Australian Professional Organisations to request your survey be distributed to medical oncologists, please do not contact us to also distribute your survey as you will receive duplicate or no responses.