Members & Trainees
Medical Oncology Advanced Trainee Registrar 2019
An accredited Medical Oncology training position is available at The Canberra Hospital in 2019.This is one of four advanced trainee positions to support a team of 11 consultants, 2 BPT ward registrars, JMO and intern.
Work involves mix of tertiary referral centre and rural outreach clinics in a multidisciplinary setting.
See this link for application:
Contact: Professor Desmond Yip on 02 6244 2220 or email@example.com for further details.
Applications close 27th of September 2018.
Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor in Clinical Pharmacology
University of Auckland and Auckland District Health Board
The University of Auckland's Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, together with Auckland District Health Board's Cancer and Blood Directorate, seeks to appoint a Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Clinical Pharmacology.
This full-time position, with both an academic and early-phase oncology research component, will ideally suit and be an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic academic Oncologist with expertise in clinical pharmacology and early phase research, who wishes to combine a clinical appointment with a University career.
You will join the University of Auckland's Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, within the School of Medical Sciences at our Grafton Campus, and take a lead clinical research role in the early phase Auckland Cancer Trials Centre (ACTC).
ACTC is a collaboration between Auckland District Health Board and the University of Auckland. It is part of the Directorate of Cancer and Blood, and is situated within the heart of Auckland City Hospital. Further information can be obtained at www.aucklandcancertrials.com
ACTC opened in late 2017 as the first early-phase oncology research unit in New Zealand. It is wanting to expand its principal investigator workforce to meet the demand of novel and exciting protocols, as well as develop its expertise in Oncology Translational Research.
Who are we looking for?
* This position will suit an academic Oncologist with enthusiasm for teaching, as well as clinical research specifically in the early-phase research space
* The clinical component of the post will be tailored to suit the interests and experience of the right candidate
* Candidates must hold a medical qualification registerable in New Zealand, and must have a higher qualification in oncology equivalent to the Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP) and be eligible for vocational registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand
* Previous research experience, and the ability to acquire external research funding, would be an advantage. Furthermore, the candidate must have both teaching and early phase research skills
* The usual composition of the University component of the job is 40:40:20 for teaching, research and oncology service within the ADHB respectively
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to direct academic enquiries to Associate Professor Malcolm Tingle, Head of Department, Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, at (firstname.lastname@example.org; +64 9 923 4949).
Applications close on Sunday, 14 October 2018.
For further information and to apply online please visit www.auckland.ac.nz/opportunities
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive and equitable environment. For further information on services for Maori, Pacific, women, LGBTI, equity groups, parenting support and flexible work go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
MOGA RSS Feed
|Subscribe to our news feeds to receive the latest updates, live! Click here|